I have built a model in Sketchup, everything looks fine and correct; however, when I bring it into CityEngine some of the textures are missing (it's just white - see attached image). I've already searched the forums and tried all the suggestions - reversing faces, checking file paths, reapplied texture... even remodeling the areas of concern from scratch. And yes, I've tried all the formats dae, kmz, obj... etc.
Can anyone provide any insight as to what might be causing this? In the second image, you can see that the vertical walls of the residential complex is missing. The unit itself is an exact duplicate of the units on the right, if it had something to do with the model, shouldn't it appear the same with the others?
make sure the .mtl file is in the same directory as the .obj file.
then, check the texture paths within the .mtl file (text editor). I assume you have wrong texture paths.
easiest is to make the paths relative, either directly to the same folder as the obj or to a subfolder in the same directory.
Make sure that in .mtl file, material's name has no spaces, but replace them with uderscores _. For example:
# Blender MTL File: 'castel.blend'
# Material Count: 75
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.398400 0.398400 0.398400
Ks 0.107000 0.098000 0.096000
map_Kd /Volumes/NO NAME/Castel/Acciottolato_18.jpg
map_Ka /Volumes/NO NAME/Castel/Acciottolato_18.jpg
I am currently having this same issue with some retail development plans I made in Sketchup. I wanted to move this retail model into CityEngine to supplement the rule generated models, but less than half of the textures show up. After reading the mtl file I found that most of the textures were not mapped to the faces AND didn't make it to the sub-folder containing the actual texture files to begin with. Here is an extension that exports ALL of your texture files from a sketchup model (Just dont have them as components in sketchup and it will work)
.However, my model is still missing textures in CityEngine, but they are at least present in the file system and mapped in the mtl file.
This might get you started on fixing the problem. PLEASE let me know if you figure it out. Thanks! and Good luck.