New Version - Where Do We Go to Download It?

10-26-2011 10:46 AM
timrobinson
New Contributor III
Hi CE team 🙂

Looking forward to using the new release ... but struggling to find it on the ESRI site. Can you post a link here please?

Cheers!
Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TarunJaiswal
Esri Contributor
Hi Tim,

Please click on the following link
http://www.esri.com/software/cityengine/index.html
and look under "What's new" (bottom right) to download your free trial.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley1
New Contributor II
Will this work for existing CityEngine customers with support contracts?

Hi Tim,

Please click on the following link
http://www.esri.com/software/cityengine/index.html
and look under "What's new" (bottom right) to download your free trial.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
timrobinson
New Contributor III
...just what I was wondering. Is the trial install exactly the same as a "customer" install, just needing pointing to a licence?
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley1
New Contributor II
timrob

I've been told to contact your local ESRI team .   I've just rung our ESRIUK account manager (we already purchase ArcGIS from them) and as it's all a bit new they're finding out what happens next for us....

Hoping it all goes smoothly, the upgrade seems well worth it, especially with support for rounadabouts!
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
dear all,

to make things clear(er) 🙂 :

the TRIAL version is still the same as it was with previous versions. It is a 30 day time limited version that needs no license. Also, the TRIAL version can NOT be used to export.
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley1
New Contributor II
Thanks Matthias I figured as much about the trial version... it seems quicker too!

I've followed up on my call to our Account manager, the information I've got is that it's not yet ready for download and the original download site has been pulled (well sort of because I can still access procedural's old website here).   Information is a bit short on the ground so I hope someone from ESRI can provide more information as to when exactly the update will be available.    After all it had it's official launch!

Existing customers will be contacted (I think by ESRI Inc) when the upgrade is available.
0 Kudos
AndréCardoso
New Contributor III
When should we expect to be contacted to get the update?

And what about the support: can we still go to the old site, enter our user area and send a support ticket? (I know the site is working, but I sent a support ticket yesterday, 24 h have passed and still no answer...)

And, by the way, shouldn't our user accounts be transferred to the esri site?

Thanks,
André
0 Kudos
BrianSun
New Contributor
dear all,

to make things clear(er) 🙂 :

the TRIAL version is still the same as it was with previous versions. It is a 30 day time limited version that needs no license. Also, the TRIAL version can NOT be used to export.

1. Is the full retail version of CE 2011 Advanced exactly the same file size as the downloadable CE 2011 trial version, 177 MB?  

2. u guys said" Download the Windows version of the License Server from the Esri Customer Care Portal..."

but now I want to try CE 2011 first, I just downloaded the trial version, can I just install it on my PC and then it will run smoothly, without installing any License Server ( I cannot access and download the Windows version of the License Server from the Esri Customer Care Portal)?

I mean, can I just install and activate the trial version smoothly for testing within 30 days?

3. If I have purchased the CE Advanced license, is it OK to simply install Node Locked License file into the trial version, then this trial version will immediately become the CE Advanced version? and it will have all features enabled (including the export features)?

To tell u the truth, customers don't want to download 2 seperate files - one for trial & one for retail - and install it one by one in different time......customers want to download just one version of file with all features enabled but limited time for trial, then just install some file or serial key to activate the unlimited time feature after purchase ...just like other softwares.

( Pls don't ask me to see this link,
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/cityengine/install-activate#CityEngine-StartInstall
I have seen it many times.....still not understand completely...)

Thx for your notice.
0 Kudos
BrianBuxton
New Contributor
It would be nice if those of us with subscription received our updates to 2011!
Or some word about what is happening to our 'Procedural' user area / its transition to Esri etc
Most companies sort this stuff out before announcing the new version.

BB
0 Kudos