Installing CityEngine on Mac OS X with Java version 7

Jump to solution
11-27-2014 04:06 AM
EirikBuraas
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have an issue with innstalling Esri CityEngine 2014 on my Mac with OS X. When I attempt to install Esri CityEngine I keep getting an error message telling me to downgrade to Java Version 6. Is this a known problem? and is there a way to get around this?

Thanks,

Eirik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

I had a ton of issues with Java installing minecraft for my kids so maybe I can help. First you can try this:

How to Install Java in OS X Yosemite - that should work and I think its what I had to do to get CityEngine up.

If it doesn't you can try downgrading to Java 6 - what I had to do for Minecraft - How to downgrade Java 7 to Java 6 on Mac OS X - YouTube

Now for the bad news....I've been having some issues with Yosemite, with apparently no known workaround for Yosemite... See my post here - Cannot Browse Computer Directories

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler

Hey!

Which version of OS X are you using ?

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

---------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
EirikBuraas
New Contributor II

Hey Matthias,

I am using OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.1.

Best Regards,

Eirik M. Buraas

0 Kudos
DevinLavigne

I had a ton of issues with Java installing minecraft for my kids so maybe I can help. First you can try this:

How to Install Java in OS X Yosemite - that should work and I think its what I had to do to get CityEngine up.

If it doesn't you can try downgrading to Java 6 - what I had to do for Minecraft - How to downgrade Java 7 to Java 6 on Mac OS X - YouTube

Now for the bad news....I've been having some issues with Yosemite, with apparently no known workaround for Yosemite... See my post here - Cannot Browse Computer Directories

0 Kudos