Import terrain

07-28-2014 03:17 PM
stefanstamenov
Occasional Contributor III

I tried to import terrain layer, I used ASTER dem file. The file is uploaded normally and when I click ''finish'' buton, nothing happen. It just stays as an inactive button. I have read the help content, but it does not explain my situation.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Check out these links for help with City Engine

Aster Data

CityEngine Collection : RESOURCES | FAQ | HELP

I've never used it before, but hopefully that additional help can get you some answers.

MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor

Hey ..

how big are the files ? what's the resolution ?

let me know ..

matt

0 Kudos
stefanstamenov

Last I tried is img  format, 90 m resolutiom strm dem, 62 KB

and tif format same resolution, this are formats that can be upploaded for Height map and Texture Map layers. It tells me that it is Unknown Texture.

I am sure it is not something complicated to ad terrain layer, but I cant see where I am wrong

0 Kudos
stefanstamenov

Picture1.jpg

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

ok ..

well, put all the map files and metadata into the maps folder of the project. that's not a must, but a good convention.

it seems you use a 'texture' type map layer instead of a terrain.

easiest is to just drag and drop the file into the viewport.. try this .. ok ?

m.

stefanstamenov

Thanks, this solved the problem. I knew it would be some small detail, but I did not find it myself. Thanks again for the help. I put the files in the folder - it worked.

0 Kudos
stefanstamenov

This is 26 MB aster dem, img format. I was downscaled automatically, obviously it can work with big files, relatively big, too. My videocard is

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Picture2.jpg

0 Kudos