Hiding a Leaf Shape (not the base shapes using F11)

Jump to solution
06-02-2021 07:56 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I hide 'leaf' shapes that I don't want visible?  I am aware of the hide base shapes using F11.   But the leaf shapes are created in a "calculator type" cga code to store parameters and after I get the data for reporting metrics I want them hidden again.   

Actually, It  seems that I am creating 3 leaf shapes : one to set land use parameter, one to lookup land use parameter and use that to set runoff curve parameter, and one to use these to calculate desired metrics.

Any ideas on code formatting or work flows?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Exactly.  NIL is the answer.  I also recommend the general practice of using NIL as follows (just like you did above):

Rule -->
  Leaf.
  Reports

Reports -->
  report(...)
  NIL

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Figured it out.  In my "calculator" I got the leaf shape creation down to one shape and then after the reporting codes you can eliminate the shape with a NIL.   I had to go back to my other codes that reference the calculator and create extra terminal shapes ("Shape." - ending the shape with a period) so as the calculator wouldn't completely delete the textured shape.

Ending the "calculator shape" with NIL:

ReportAnnualRunoff(LandUseAssign)-->	
	//print(Runoff_Depth(RunoffCurve,RainInches))  #If interested in depth per rain event
	//print(Runoff_Volume(RunoffCurve))  #depth x area
	report("Annual Runoff ft^3."+ LandUseAssign,Runoff_Volume(float(RunoffCurve(LandUseAssign))))
	report("Annual Runoff m^3."+LandUseAssign,Runoff_Volume(float(RunoffCurve(LandUseAssign)/35.3147)))
	NIL 

Adding a terminal shape before calculator so it doesn't NIL the texture.

GrassTexture-->	
	setupProjection(0,scope.xy,2,2)
	projectUV(0)
	texture(grassTexture)
	GrassTexture.
	SCS_Method_Calculator.ReportAnnualRunoff("Lawns, Heavy, soil Average, 2-7 percent")

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Exactly.  NIL is the answer.  I also recommend the general practice of using NIL as follows (just like you did above):

Rule -->
  Leaf.
  Reports

Reports -->
  report(...)
  NIL