Select to view content in your preferred language

get map data ok box greyed out

01-30-2017 02:16 PM
KimberlyStuart
New Contributor

Open Street Map opens with Get Map Data, but the OK button is greyed out.  I am logged in -

Please advise.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

You should be able to use Get Map Data with existing scenes that already have a coordinate system set.  The data downloaded will be converted to the coordinate system of the existing scene.

There is a limit on the extent of the downloadable data though.  The data you want to download needs to be within a radius (maybe approximately 500km?... just guessing on the exact number) of the content in the existing scene.  In 2017.0 and I think in 2016.1, there is an error message at the top if you try to select a region that is outside the downloadable extent, and the OK button is grayed out, but I don't think 2016.0 displays this message:  "Selected region is out of bounds of current coordinate system. Open an empty scene or a scene with a fitting coordinate system."

Of course, you can start with a new scene, and then Get Map Data will download data into the scene and set the coordinate system to UTM.

morrisonb, geoinformacao, achipman_crec If you could tell me exactly what coordinate system you are using, where your existing data is in that coordinate system (camera icon in top right corner of viewport -> Information Display -> look at coordinates), and the location of the data you want to download in Get Map Data, then I can try to reproduce the problem, and maybe there is a bug.  Or, if you are able to post a scene and let me know the extent of your desired data download, that would also help.

Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Cheryl

Here my Coordinate System:

And my Webscene: url

Esri CityEngine 2017.0.3406 (Build Date: 170609, release, win32-64bit)

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you, geoinformacao, for your information.  It looks like this is a bug, so thanks for helping us find it.

TatiannaSwenda1
New Contributor II

Hello, Do you know if this bug is back?  I am having the same issue. Using 2019.1 version.  Online connection ok.  Get map data feature is not working regardless of whether the scene has a coordinate system assigned. getmapdatafeaturenotworking

0 Kudos
TokyoSteve
New Contributor II

I am having a similar problem but cant seem to solve the issue. Using city engine 2019.1.

This is the screen that is see to the right and the left is what I am supposed to see. I am properly signed in but cant seem to resolve this issue. Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
TatiannaSwenda1
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. Using 2019.1 version.  Online connection ok.  Get map data feature is not working regardless of whether the scene has a coordinate system assigned. getmapdatafeaturenotworking

0 Kudos