Get Map Data Gateway Timeout

Jump to solution
05-04-2022 10:29 AM
RonBar-Ad
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to learn to use cityengine, but every time I try to download map data I get a gateway timeout error.

I sign in successfully, the get map data window pops up correctly, I set extent successfully and click okay. The progress bar appears and works through 'downloading elevation data', then stops at 'downloading map' around 1/3 of the way through, before throwing the error 'gateway timeout'.

I tried reinstalling, connecting through a VPN, restarting my PC, but nothing works.

Here's a screenshot of before the error appears, then the error itself:

RonBarAd_2-1651685268596.png

RonBarAd_0-1651685149513.png

Please let me know if there's a way to avoid this, hopefully it's just some small detail I missed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaishaFabricius
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we worked on getting this resolved.
So we hope to have a fix deployed by the end of the week.
In the meantime, can you please let me know if you're getting the time-outs when downloading in 2k as well?

View solution in original post

17 Replies
刘原鑫
New Contributor

水经注跟bigmap这俩软件也可以下载高程,我一般不从这个地方下。开源的还有streetmap,也能下载。

0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor

I am also getting this issue on mine and recent trainee PCs... I have also been reached out to by a couple of Esri distributors who have had the same issue.  It seems intermittent so if you keep trying it can work.  I had thought the issue was the download for OSM data but unsure of exact reasons. Perhaps @TaishaFabricius  can enquire with the CE team to see if the problem is 

TaishaFabricius
Esri Contributor

Hi Elliot

Thanks for tagging me in this. 
This happens when the OSM server is down. Unfortunately from a CityEngine side, we cant do anything about this (except maybe improve our error message).
The only solution is to try again later or check your internet connection and that there are no firewalls blocking anything (although in your case, Im sure you don't have any of that, as it usually works).

0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @TaishaFabricius for the quick response!  It doesn't seem to be happening when the OSM server is down, I do check this page Platform Status - OpenStreetMap Wiki. Also we are getting this message when OSM data is not checked so this it should not happen?  I wonder, does the Get Map Data tool check OSM regardless of whether the user has checked the OSM boxes?   When I have received this message, I will go back (because the tool just closes rather than stays open) and un-check the OSM download and I will still get this gateway timeout message.  

Perhaps a friendlier message pop-up would help here as well? 🙂 

TaishaFabricius
Esri Contributor

Ok thanks for this. I just created a ticket so the team can investigate this. Thanks @ElliotHartley !

0 Kudos
RonBar-Ad
New Contributor II

Hi @TaishaFabricius, thanks for the responses! Please let me know what happens with this ticket, the service seems to work 20% of the times I try it and the issue persists, which makes it very hard to learn how to use the system.

Has anyone been able to identify the issue? It doesn't seem to correlate to server down time.

0 Kudos
ChristopherHalliday
New Contributor

Hi, is this issue been resolved. I'm still get Gateway Time-out a month on 

0 Kudos
swhan
by
New Contributor

Hope this issue will be resolved soon. 🙂

0 Kudos
TaishaFabricius
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we worked on getting this resolved.
So we hope to have a fix deployed by the end of the week.
In the meantime, can you please let me know if you're getting the time-outs when downloading in 2k as well?