Drawing a graph layer automatically raises terrain?

Jump to solution
01-26-2016 12:12 PM
AndréLevesque
New Contributor III

Hi folks,

I am trying to create a railroad graph layer and got the rail rule to work, however I am noticing that where the line crosses a bridge, it raises the DEM / terrain to the level of the railroad track.

Before:

After:

Any way to easily disable this? I want the track to be elevated and go voer teh bridge, however I want the terrain to remain where it is...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi André,

Thank you for this qestion.

In default graph drawing mode, one wants the terrain be smothed to align to the network graph.

But you are using a premodeled bridge as a base for the graph. This means the feature has to be deactivated.

Settings for new streets can be controlled by using the Street Creation Settings dialog.
To open the dialog, choose Graph → Street Creation Settings... from the main menu.

There you have to uncheck the "Align terrain" option.

street_creation_settings_dialog.png

For more details please refer the CityEngine Help on that topic:

Creating and Editing Street Networks Manually

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi André,

Thank you for this qestion.

In default graph drawing mode, one wants the terrain be smothed to align to the network graph.

But you are using a premodeled bridge as a base for the graph. This means the feature has to be deactivated.

Settings for new streets can be controlled by using the Street Creation Settings dialog.
To open the dialog, choose Graph → Street Creation Settings... from the main menu.

There you have to uncheck the "Align terrain" option.

street_creation_settings_dialog.png

For more details please refer the CityEngine Help on that topic:

Creating and Editing Street Networks Manually

Best regards

0 Kudos
AndréLevesque
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated. If I run into other challenges modelling our downtown, I'll be sure to post questions to GeoNet for otehrs to refer to.

0 Kudos