CityEngine software load time

09-11-2013 09:05 AM
DavidKenley
New Contributor
Hello,

Can I just ask how long I should expect it to take for CityEngine to load? For example, after running the CityEngine command or desktop shortcut, until the software has fully loaded.

On both my linux machine and windows machine it takes a full 5-10 minutes of load time (I've not timed it exactly), but needless to say a very long time. Is this normal or is something wrong somewhere?

Thanks,

David
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi, check this post about the '-Dagol' switch :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/72636-Esri-CityEngine-2012.1-Software-Authorization-Patch-available...

On startup, CityEngine 2012 waits for the connection of ArcGIS Online ( AGOL ). The timeout of that server is set a bit high, so that usually causes a couple minutes of delay.

Setting the switch will abort the search for a possible AGOL connection, thus it'll start faster. Though of course that way, you cut off the possibility to share WebScenes directly on AGOL.

Lemme know if it works.

Matt
0 Kudos
DavidKenley
New Contributor
Hello,

That's great thanks. Yesterday I timed my start up time, it was over 15 minutes. Today, with that fix, under 30 seconds. We're behind several corporate firewalls and proxies, generally anything that needs access to the outside world needs some kind of special setup.

Thanks again!

David
0 Kudos