CityEngine BASIC and ADVANCED Licences

Jump to solution
10-08-2012 05:28 PM
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
Hi

I have a question concerning the different licences. I'm using an Advanced licence on a single computer, but I was wondering, if we were to purchase a basic licence for another user to use, would this be able to import the models created in the Advanced licence so that the person using the basic licence could modify one or two buildings within the model?

The idea would be that we'd have one main user on the advanced licence creating the more complex models using ArcGIS data and importing/exporting etc, but then if we wanted planners to be able to use a basic version to modify a specific building within the already created model would CityEngine work having the files switching between the two different licences like that?

Thanks

Joanne
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

The GIS-specific features in Advanced are just related to import/export. The scene files themselves are compatible between the versions and do not lose information if you open them in Basic.

I'd recommend you contact Esri Customer Service and ask them for a time limited test license for CityEngine 2012 Basic to test those things properly.

[ I can also help and contact them for you, if you want. Let me know via PM. ]

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

The GIS-specific features in Advanced are just related to import/export. The scene files themselves are compatible between the versions and do not lose information if you open them in Basic.

I'd recommend you contact Esri Customer Service and ask them for a time limited test license for CityEngine 2012 Basic to test those things properly.

[ I can also help and contact them for you, if you want. Let me know via PM. ]

Matt
0 Kudos