CityEngine 2015 Issues with Example Data Imports

05-22-2015 09:52 AM
JacquelineAlessi
Occasional Contributor II

I just installed CE 2015 and attempted to download some project data.

The example projects that I was trying to download are those included in the tutorials at CityEngine Tutorials. The two that I attempted were Exercise 1 and 9. I attempted the import zipped project option and received the attached error on both. The reason for attempting with both is that one is tagged 2014.0,2014.1,2015.0 and the other is only tagged for 2015.0. Also (although it is not the advised method, I wanted to exhaust all attempts) I unzipped the project in my \\C: using extract all and attempted to import that project, I got and identical error. This is the same error that Im getting when I try to migrate my 2014.1 data to 2015.0. Is anyone else having this issue? Did you find a fix or a work around? If not any ideas of what the root cause may be?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hey!

I'm not sure if you used this link here:

CityEngine Gallery | ArcGIS Resource Center

I'd recommend to create a new workspace and try again there..

File > Switch Workspace > Other .. Then enter a new name.

Also, did you try downloading from Help > Download tutorials and examples ?

Let me know ..

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-----------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

I did not get the project file from the CityEngine Gallery. I didnt see anything there that I really trusted as a 2015.0 build.

Changing the workspace result in a crash, a true crash with another error, very similar. I restarted and was pointing to the new workspace. The error is listed below:

"Problems occurred while refreshing local changes

Problems occurred while refreshing local changes

Errors occurred while refreshing resources with the local file system."

So I switched back to my original workspace, no issues there.

I didnt use Help but I used File>Import>Examples and Tutorials I downloaded the entire first package (18 tutorial files). Four of the 18 continued to have identical build errors:

"Errors occurred during the build.

Error instantiating builder 'org.python.pydev.PyDevBuilder'.

Plug-in org.python.pydev was unable to load class org.python.pydev.builder.PyDevBuilder.

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.python.pydev (171).

Plug-in org.python.pydev was unable to load class org.python.pydev.builder.PyDevBuilder.

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.python.pydev (171)."

Heres where it gets nasty.... I can open all of them, but the four, and none of them produce anything but the balck screen stating "No Scene".

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

Im going to try to download a single file and see what happens.

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

I got the same build error as above.

"Errors occurred during the build.

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.python.pydev (171)."

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

I booted up in CE safe mode and all is well. Im going to investigate the graphics cards and drivers on my machine come Tuesday. Thank you so much for yor input!

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Okay, let me know if you run into more issues.

Cheers!

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos