CE-datasmith-UE metadata availability ?

Jump to solution
09-23-2018 06:54 PM
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

Hi CE/UE folks,

After months of false starts I've finally been able to dive into the world of UE and the datasmith workflow.

I'm trying to build a HUD with some basic reporting functionality and seemed to have wrongfully assumed that each asset's metadata might be natively populated with the reporting information from CE.

Is that something that's actually available via the exporter? If not why not ?

Or do I need to hook that up manually via an external CSV then filter/hook up-to each individual building ?

Problem is that I have a precinct with 100+ building and this will get very tedious very quickly.

Is that sort of reporting functionality something that's included in the existing CityEngine VR Experience?

Cheers.

Benjamin Neukom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi Alan

Right now there is a semi automated way of doing this described here: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-11559-cityengine-metadata-export-into-unreal-engine (there is already a simple HUD implemented as well).

In our next version Metadata will be supported natively by the exporter which should make it even easier.

Let me know if that works out.

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi Alan

Right now there is a semi automated way of doing this described here: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-11559-cityengine-metadata-export-into-unreal-engine (there is already a simple HUD implemented as well).

In our next version Metadata will be supported natively by the exporter which should make it even easier.

Let me know if that works out.

Cheers,

Ben

AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your prompt reply, and apologies that I didn't locate this on GeoNet. I must admit I still struggle with it compared to the old forums and obviously my searching needs to improve  

That link looks just like what I need and the implemented HUD is a big bonus as I'm just starting out on the blueprint side so anything I can learn from and pick apart is greatly appreciated.

Native implementation would be great so I look forward to that whenever the next version (2018.2 I assume) is available. 

Cheers

Alan K.  

0 Kudos