Building Height Extrude is wrong

09-27-2012 07:23 AM
TroyEvangelho
New Contributor
Hi All,

I've extruded my building footprints according to the GIS height attribute, however the buildings look much taller than they should. I thought there might be an issue of the buildings being extruded in meters instead of feet, but I haven't been able to find a solution. Below is a screen shot of my project. Please take a look and let me know if you have any solutions.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Well, your Scene Coordinate System is in feet. You see the projection at the bottom of CE.

In general, I'd recommend you reproject your data in ArcMap before import in to CityEngine to the same NAD projection just in meters, not feet.

Or you adapt the extrusion height, but I'd recommend that because your overall scene size is the wrong.

Let me know if that all makes sense and if you have more questions !

Matt

p.s maybe create some test shapes and test extrusion into CE and export to GDB, then route back to ArcScene or so to check that you have full control over correct units. Once you have a stable workflow, you're good to go.
0 Kudos
TroyEvangelho
New Contributor
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my 30-day trail expired before I could fix the issue. Guess I'll have to wait until my company purchases a license to fix this issue.
0 Kudos