Authorizing a 2010 license

02-08-2012 08:20 AM
DeanYama
New Contributor
Hi,

I need to authorize a 2010 version of CityEngine.  The machine it's on was rebuilt and now we're attempting to re-authorize it, but it's failing.  My guess is that it's trying to contact the procedural site and can't as it's asking for proxy information which we don't have.  What should I do next?

Thanks in advance,
-Danny
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JasonDemornay1
New Contributor
Hi,

I need to authorize a 2010 version of CityEngine.  The machine it's on was rebuilt and now we're attempting to re-authorize it, but it's failing.  My guess is that it's trying to contact the procedural site and can't as it's asking for proxy information which we don't have.  What should I do next?

Thanks in advance,
-Danny

Im in exactly the same boat, Ersi France are proving to be quite unhelpful.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Yep, try to contact your local Esri Distributor if you're non-US peeps.
If you're US customers, go directly for the headquarter in Redlands via their customer service ( service@esri.com )

A concurrent (floating) license file for a CityEngine 2011 will also work for CE 2010, so they should be able to provide you with those lics.

Otherwise, lemme know .. 🙂
0 Kudos
timrobinson
New Contributor III
Hi !

Yep, try to contact your local Esri Distributor if you're non-US peeps.
If you're US customers, go directly for the headquarter in Redlands via their customer service ( service@esri.com )

A concurrent (floating) license file for a CityEngine 2011 will also work for CE 2010, so they should be able to provide you with those lics.

Otherwise, lemme know .. 🙂

Hi Matt - we're still trying to get the new licence working, and getting little help from the local reseller. They have sent a new licence file, and a link to the ESRI webpage with licence server installation instructions (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/cityengine/install-activate), but our IT team have had no luck with getting the licence server up and running.

As a design office we have other software using the FlexNet licencing system, with plenty of experience setting up and using this. Did anything change in terms of the CE server platform between 2010 and 2011? IT have tried using the LMTools facility (mentioned in the instructions webpage) as well as the FlexNET system that we were previously using.
We had it running successfully for 2010, have now lost this in trying to use the new licence file.

Help!
Tim
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

to activate the 2010.3 version (before), were you using the old license server we (procedural) provided or did you use an other Esri-based FlexNet solution ?

the license server technology we're currently providing for the CE 2011 is still the same and did not change since 2010.3, thus it 'should' work. But I could put the package we handed over to Esri with the first 2011.1 version to an ftp of yours, if wanted (PM me with ftp access) for additional testing.

for test's sake, I can send you a time limited concurrent license file so we can exclude case that you have a non-working lic file.

please let me know.

matt
0 Kudos