Array Code in Inspector CGA examples?

Jump to solution
10-15-2020 03:29 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could I get access to the ESRI.lib/Urban/* rpk?  I see that the urban rule pack in the ESRI library rpk has a ton of array initialization and I would like to "reverse engineer" that so I can see how it is done. 

Really, I just want to see code that has been written that makes use of the newish array features in the inspector.  I think it could be particularly useful when I do a comp.index edge selection, so examples of that would be tremendous.  I have been making between 5-10 attributes for edge selection features, where I think a single array could work.   Thanks!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, we cannot give out the Urban code as it is an essential part of the product ArcGIS Urban.

There is a tutorial about importing data from a CSV file which uses arrays.

Tutorial 21: CSV import—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

This rule that makes legends is another example that uses arrays and CSV files.

https://www.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=834f71b286634b7db92e15bdc22ec431 

Note also that there is the comp function which returns an array.  This might be helpful for calculating and storing per-edge attributes.  See the edge example in the help doc here:

comp function—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

While I would still like to see more and better examples of array functionality, my opinion after a little experimentation on comp index selection is that it is better to set multiple attributes for comp functions, rather than an array attribute.  In the inspector, I can slide the attribute to see model impacts quicker than I could adjust array numbers.   

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, we cannot give out the Urban code as it is an essential part of the product ArcGIS Urban.

There is a tutorial about importing data from a CSV file which uses arrays.

Tutorial 21: CSV import—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

This rule that makes legends is another example that uses arrays and CSV files.

https://www.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=834f71b286634b7db92e15bdc22ec431 

Note also that there is the comp function which returns an array.  This might be helpful for calculating and storing per-edge attributes.  See the edge example in the help doc here:

comp function—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl!  I will check these out. No  problem with Urban Code, I was just looking for array and csv examples, which your new tutorial provided.  So is 2020.1 live now?   I cannot yet find it in My ESRI.     Sorry, I am impatient and excited to try the new version and check out the new tutorial.   Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Matthew_Miller
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, the new Resources pages are live ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Tutorials, Documentation, Videos & More  but the 2020.1 download  doesn't come out until Oct 29. Be sure to check out 2020.1 highlights of the new features What's new in CityEngine 2020.1—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

Enjoy.