Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding Color To Graph Networks in CityEngine

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 01:07 PM
Stephanie_Dockstader
Deactivated User

Greetings!

I have multiple shapefiles representing different transportation systems(roads, rail, waterways, etc.).  These files have no attribute fields other than FID, Shape, ID.  I want to color these layers in CityEngine by the transportation type to help with the visualization.  I am curious if one rule file could be built to color each layer differently, or if I have to pre-process first in Arc.

Thanks!

-- S

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like the new layer colors, but they color the shapes, not the models. For coloring the models, bring the networks in, one per layer, and write a single rule to run on the street shapes created by CityEngine when the networks are imported. Or if these are polygons and not network lines, then the same applies.

attr myColor = "#FF0000"

@StartRule

StreetShape --> color(myColor)

Apply that rule to the shapes on each of your transit layers, and change the myColor attribute per each layer of shapes. No ArcGIS needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZorkoSostaric1
Esri Contributor

Hi Stephanie

Not quite sure if it fits your task but have a look at CityEngine 2015 option to assign colour to a layer. Have a look at this post. Zerg's rumble: What's new in CityEngine 2015

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like the new layer colors, but they color the shapes, not the models. For coloring the models, bring the networks in, one per layer, and write a single rule to run on the street shapes created by CityEngine when the networks are imported. Or if these are polygons and not network lines, then the same applies.

attr myColor = "#FF0000"

@StartRule

StreetShape --> color(myColor)

Apply that rule to the shapes on each of your transit layers, and change the myColor attribute per each layer of shapes. No ArcGIS needed.

0 Kudos
Stephanie_Dockstader
Deactivated User

Thanks, guys for your help! 

--Stephanie

0 Kudos