Select to view content in your preferred language

Calculating Margin of Error for Custom Data

01-07-2019 12:43 PM
KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

I’m not sure where to direct this question since it is a detailed Business Analyst Desktop question.  My question involves calculating Margin of Error when uploading my own datasets.  I aggregate a lot of the 5-year ACS data based on our own district data (sub-county).  When doing that with ACS data that is included, I always include the population or household data, as well as the associated MOE.  My customers are interested in some ACS data that is not included within Business Analyst.  I can get that data from ACS, load it into BA, and aggregate the data.  It works fine for population and household values, but does not work for the MOE.  Is there a way that I can also have the MOE calculated when adding my own data?  I know the algorithm is built into the software since it correctly aggregates MOE, but there is no option in the custom data setup for MOE.

Thanks so much for your help,

Katie Miga

1 Reply
DarrenCook1
Esri Contributor

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, there is no way to calculate MOE 'on the fly' within the Business Analyst Custom Data workflow.

Thank you for letting us know that this would be a useful enhancement.

We have shared and discussed this feedback with our Product Management team.

Additionally, we invite you to submit this feedback to the https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas website as an enhancement request for a future release.

Please let us know if you have follow up questions or if we can help in any other way.

Thank you,
Darren Cook