Business analyst Layers

07-24-2023 11:25 AM
LouisCastaneda
New Contributor
Hello everyone! I recently joined an organization and I am having trouble accessing layers that should be included within ESRI's Business Analyst but for some reason are unavailable to me. For context, we use both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro but everyone mainly uses this data within ArcMap.

Everyone on the team uses ESRI's Business Analyst data from 2022 and has access to certain layers (like a nationwide streets layer and hydrology) for map production. However, when I joined the team a few weeks ago, I had to download the 2023 data package from MyESRI because the 2022 was unavailable.

Anyway, when I look at the data, these same layers that everyone else seems to have access to are not within my dataset. We have gone over my access and licensing so that does not appear to be the issue.

This brings me to the following questions:
1. Is this data no longer available? I see that my 2023 data has Streetmap premium base map, but it doesn't let me use a streets layer or hydrology.
2. If no longer available, is there a way to access the 2022 data?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TWChi
by
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
LouisCastaneda
New Contributor

Interesting! Did you have success accessing the layers after downloading the ArcMap compatibility pack? Were these layers also available for your use within ArcPro? Thank you for your help thus far!

0 Kudos
TWChi
by
New Contributor II

Sorry for my delayed response. Yes, I was able to get all the editable basemap layers by installing the data rather than connecting to it. There were a couple of things to note however:

1. In previous years, there was a Basemap.lyrx file included with the installation that was supposed to be optimized for Pro. This year there is only a Basemap.lyr (not.lyrx). Not sure if that will become a problem later on. So far it seems to be working ok.

2. When I first opened the Basemap.lyr file, I was getting red exclamation marks next to every layer. At first I thought it might be a licensing problem, but then it occurred to me that the data source might be wrong. I looked at the source for the data and sure enough, it was pointing to a location on an E: drive. I don't even have an E: drive on my computer. I simply repaired the data source by pointing it to the correct location and now everything seems to be working. 

Hope you get it all figured out!

0 Kudos