BA widget WAB, add point by clicking on map not working

Jump to solution
03-05-2023 05:38 PM
Symbology2008
New Contributor II

When using the business analyst widget in web appbuilder, the point/drop pin does not respond when clicking on map. Also unable to select point features to trigger infographic/report selection in widget. Only way to drop a point is to search an address. 

This is in our portal, unsure of the version. Has anyone encountered this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Symbology2008 ,

I checked the BA widget in WAB using the ArcGIS Online and also recent portal version version and confirmed the pin drop is working as you can see below:

Pin drop.gif

I suspect your portal might not be configured properly with a geocoding or geoenrichment service. When you drop a pin or select a point feature, the app does a reverse geocoding to determine the country. So I recommend looking into why that is failing in you portal. If you have a custom geocoding service, make sure it allows reverse geocoding. 

For reference, here is my portal Utility service configuration for geocoding. 

FasilTiru_1-1678124669050.png

Also check you GeoEnrichment utility configuration on this page. I hope this helps. 

Fasil T.

BA Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Symbology2008 ,

I checked the BA widget in WAB using the ArcGIS Online and also recent portal version version and confirmed the pin drop is working as you can see below:

Pin drop.gif

I suspect your portal might not be configured properly with a geocoding or geoenrichment service. When you drop a pin or select a point feature, the app does a reverse geocoding to determine the country. So I recommend looking into why that is failing in you portal. If you have a custom geocoding service, make sure it allows reverse geocoding. 

For reference, here is my portal Utility service configuration for geocoding. 

FasilTiru_1-1678124669050.png

Also check you GeoEnrichment utility configuration on this page. I hope this helps. 

Fasil T.

BA Team

Symbology2008
New Contributor II

Thanks, Fasil. For the thorough explanation and suggestion. Unfortunately, I got this message back from our system architect.

"I checked the properties of the geocoding services configured on the portal and they all support reverse geocoding. A GeoEnrichment service is also configured on the portal (comes from the BA server), but I don’t see any properties of the service related to geocoding."

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Please inform your system architect that when you drop a pin or select a point feature from the map, there is a reverse geocoding request that is most likely failing for you. If you open the developer tools in your browser, you should be able to see the request and see if there are any errors in the response.

FasilTiru_0-1678384407930.png

If your system architect is unable to troubleshoot this for you, my recommendation is to gather all the version information of your portal and BA Server or BA Enterprise and contact our technical support team

Thank you,

Fasil