BA Web - SQFTCODE?

Jump to solution
06-25-2020 11:24 AM
JohnWaterman
New Contributor III

I need square footage data for business/facility locations in BA Web. How do I get this?

Right now, it appears only Number of Employees and Sales Volume are available?

Business and Facilities Search—Business Analyst Web App | Documentation 

The business locations dataset has more attributes including SQFTCODE.

https://downloads.esri.com/esri_content_doc/dbl/us/Business_Locations_Variable_List_(July_2019).pdf 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

I double checked and see that SQFTCODE is definitely not included as a field in a business query in the Business Analyst Web App.  I will inquire internally for an explanation.  It could be that there is some license restrictions or as simple as a choice for it not to be included.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

I double checked and see that SQFTCODE is definitely not included as a field in a business query in the Business Analyst Web App.  I will inquire internally for an explanation.  It could be that there is some license restrictions or as simple as a choice for it not to be included.

Regards,
Jason R.

Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Update here regarding the SQFTCODE found out there is nothing prevent this from being added so I will go ahead and log an enhancement request to add this.

Regards,
Jason R.

JohnWaterman
New Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello John,

These two workflows might help you get the Square Footage Code of businesses using custom reports or infographics.

A. Custom Reports.

Go to Build Reports > Insert items > Nearby locations table

Select Use Esri layers > expand businesses > and the square ft code is listed here:

Run this report as a pdf or excel to get the list of businesses on your target site.

Here is a sample excel report showing the square footage code:

B. Infographics

Go to Build Infographics > Add a Nearby table

Select Use Esri layers > expand businesses > and the square ft code is listed here. You can add a Max of 500 businesses. 

Then run this template on your desired site. 

Hope this helps as a workaround for now.

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Business Analyst Team

Fasil
by
New Contributor

@JohnWaterman With the latest release, the Square Footage field is now available in Business search results as follow: 

Fasil_0-1619467718630.png

Fasil

BA Team

John-Waterman
New Contributor II

Thank you!  John

0 Kudos