Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 000944

Jump to solution
06-06-2024 09:14 AM
RollingsSJ
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to Create BIS (Bathymetry Tools) and continue to receive this error "Error in executing Create BIS - Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid. ERROR 000944: Output feature class cannot be in the in_memory workspace. Failed to execute  CreateCatalogDataset)." I have tried changing my Proxy Raster Location to various locations and nothing seems to work. I have created new folders for this in various locations and no change to the error message, I can't seem to get it out of an in_memory workspace.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

We have found a bug in the Catalog Dataset tool that prevents adding items to a catalog dataset if the workspace is a drive starting with the letters I-Z. Although I cannot see the parameters from the view you provided, is that the case for you? If so, you should be successful if you remap your drive name to a letter A-I.

Sincerely,

Meredith

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

Hi.

What version of ArcGIS Bathymetry are you using? And what type of geodatabase workspace are you using? It doesn't seem that this error is related to the location of your Proxy Raster directory.

Sincerely,

Meredith

0 Kudos
RollingsSJ
Emerging Contributor

I have ArcGIS Pro3.3.0, as far as I can tell I have the newest version of ArcGIS Bathymetry. I am using a file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

Please attach the message log text that the Create BIS tool is generating for me to take a look at.

0 Kudos
RollingsSJ
Emerging Contributor

Create BIS Error.jpg

0 Kudos
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

We have found a bug in the Catalog Dataset tool that prevents adding items to a catalog dataset if the workspace is a drive starting with the letters I-Z. Although I cannot see the parameters from the view you provided, is that the case for you? If so, you should be successful if you remap your drive name to a letter A-I.

Sincerely,

Meredith

0 Kudos