Merged OIS for Multiple Runway

12-22-2019 10:10 PM
ÖmerGEDİK
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have ArcGIS Aviation and I can create OIS for two surfaces but I have to do this for 6 runways . Is there any way to create merged OIS surface for multiple runway?  

Best regards

2 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Omer,

You can run the Obstruction Identification Surfaces tools for multiple runways at a time. The Input Runway Features will honor a selection on the layer, so only selected features may be processed.  If there are no selected runway features, all features will be processed.   

As far as merged surfaces, some of the OIS tools in Pro 2.4 will optionally produce an additional Merged Conical and Merged Horizontal surface.  There is a checkbox for this on the FAA 18B, FAA FAR 77 and ICAO Annex 14 tools.  The idea for this option was because approach, transitional or take-off surfaces would split these surfaces otherwise causing coincident parts of the conical and horizontal to be missing. So this option will use all the runways to create one merged horizontal and one merged conical surface.  You can use a definition query on the OIS layer to display the merged or the separate conical & horizontal surfaces for visualization and/or analysis.

If you need further functionality, please let us know.  We may be able to enhance to tools to better meet user needs.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanJohnson6
New Contributor II

How do we create a merged model for multiple runways when the high ends or low ends have different classifications?  For instance,  Rwy 17/35 (17 end is non-precision, 35 end is Precision), Rwy 13/31 (both ends non-precision).  I can't see a way to do this.  It will only create the surfaces for multiple runways correctly if all of the "High Ends" and all of the "Low Ends" have the same classifications.

Thank you.

0 Kudos