What is expected Map Tour template caching behavior?

Jump to solution
11-17-2017 01:10 PM
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

Hi AppStudio team,

can you please explain what the expected caching behavor is for the Map Tour template? (Both when executed via AppStudio Player, and as a standalone app.)

I updated the feature service data (a thumbnail image url, and a location of a point). One of my devices shows the new image. Other devices show the old image. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing the app cache, etc.-- to no avail. But really I don't even know what the expected behavior should be since I know the template does some kind of caching to enable offline capabilities.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LoayehJumbam
New Contributor II

Hi @fimpe0011

Each time you visit a tour (past the gallery page), that tour's data gets cached. From that point on whenever you visit the map tour, the data you see is that from the cache, unless you clear the cache.

When you update a point as you describe, you should be able to see your updated point (image and location) in your mobile app once you clear the cache. The same experience is expected for both the player, and within a built app.

I just tested but I am not able to reproduce your issue.

In case this is the issue - please check that you save your changes from the story maps website each time you make updates and test.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LoayehJumbam
New Contributor II

Hi @fimpe0011

Each time you visit a tour (past the gallery page), that tour's data gets cached. From that point on whenever you visit the map tour, the data you see is that from the cache, unless you clear the cache.

When you update a point as you describe, you should be able to see your updated point (image and location) in your mobile app once you clear the cache. The same experience is expected for both the player, and within a built app.

I just tested but I am not able to reproduce your issue.

In case this is the issue - please check that you save your changes from the story maps website each time you make updates and test.

TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply Loayeh. I appreciate the clarification.

0 Kudos