Sign In screen blank

08-07-2018 09:29 AM
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to use the appstudio desktop (developer) edition v3.0 for the first time. When trying to sign in I get a blank screen. I confirmed it is not being blocked by the firewall. Anybody have an idea why I would not have the ability to sign in? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian, 

The sign in page is trying to connect to arcgis.com, yes you are correct, it sounds like you either don't have internet connection or the application (AppStudio Desktop) cannot access arcgis.com (firewall related issue). 

Can you try opening the AppStudio Desktop using different user or Administrator? 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

We are able to run it with admin credentials. I also have full permissions for all GIS related file folders. Could there possibly be something Appstudio is using which I do not have access to that is not an ArcGIS product?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

For this specific issue, the Sign In page is simply trying to connect to ArcGIS.com to open the sign in page and authenticate. 

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

Can you think of any reason why admin credentials would have this ability and not other users?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like we need to troubleshoot it more, do you have access to call Esri Technical Support? They should be able to help you. 

Thanks,

Erwin

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

I have personally never seen this exact behaviour, normally it is a network connection or internet related issue. since the sign in page is just trying to open an OAuth2 login page from ArcGIS.com.

It could be an installation issue, and/or permission issue. Which user did you use to install the AppStudio Desktop with? Re-installing with the correct user and permission could help.  

0 Kudos