Sharing a WebMap as Public to access in AppStudio MapViewer template.

Jump to solution
09-08-2017 10:36 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to create an App from AppStudio using the Web Templates from AppStudio.arcgis.com

I started with the Mapviewer sample.

I selected required images in the AppInfo Settings

Then in MapViewer I try to select (Choose Web Maps(s) ) and in the Choose Web Map(s) tab,

I don't see the Web Map which I shared as Organization. if I share it as Public then only they are visible.

Also I see a message that I have to share it as Public. It is confusing because, I logged in with my portal account and then there is MyOrganization tab. Still it has to be shared as public? confused

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Please allow me to help you understand this

1) Only public webmaps are supported for MapViewer at this point (although this might change in the near future) which means the webmap has to be public

2) The three columns basically act as a filter for choosing webmap and they should be read as below

- My Content - Webmaps created or added by you to your org account but must be shared publically

-My Org- Webmaps created or added by other users in your org but must be shared publically

- Public - This is self explanatory, which means  created by others and shared publically outside your org.

I hope this helps.

Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Please allow me to help you understand this

1) Only public webmaps are supported for MapViewer at this point (although this might change in the near future) which means the webmap has to be public

2) The three columns basically act as a filter for choosing webmap and they should be read as below

- My Content - Webmaps created or added by you to your org account but must be shared publically

-My Org- Webmaps created or added by other users in your org but must be shared publically

- Public - This is self explanatory, which means  created by others and shared publically outside your org.

I hope this helps.

Nakul

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Nakul.

0 Kudos