Raster in MapViewer offline

05-04-2018 02:17 AM
DanielPumr
New Contributor

Hi, in AppStudio I´m creating application based on Map Viewer template. I need to create offline maps with raster map, but when I add MMPK with raster data, the map in application doesn´t work.

I tried adding the raster as geoTIFF, as JPEG and also as a tile package. With TIFF and JPEG, the map does not load at all, with TPK is the map working correctly, but the package does not show up between the layers.

How can I add a raster to the MMPK, to make the app work? Is it at all possible in MapViewer?

Vector layers normally work and outside of Appstudio I also work without problems with the test rasters. 

Thanks, and sorry for my English

Daniel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for asking your question in our community.  Here are a few things I would like to check with you:  

1. Are you using the latest Map Viewer template (version 3.0)?  If not, please download AppStudio Desktop 3.0 to get latest Map Viewer template. 

2. Is your raster image georeferenced? If not, please refer to this help documentation to georeferencing your Raster image.

3. When you are creating MMPK, have you set the Area of Interest?  

Here is an MMPK (1dd590f38fc14840b7917febe7344791) that I just created, which contains a TIFF formate Raster image and I was able to download and view it in Map Viewer. 

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tina

I have a similar problem to that of Daniel. I had participated in the AppStudio 3 beta program and then installed your latest version of AppStudio (see below screen shot)

I then downloaded the MapViewer template from AppStudio and tried to view non-public offline MMPKs that include rasters. The MMPKs with rasters would show in the thumbnails of the galley section, and I could download them onto device, but as soon as I try and open them I get a message "Attempt to use functionality that is not supported fo ...." See below.

I was able to view your example MMPK (tiff1 = 1dd590f38fc14840b7917febe7344791) in a MapViewer once, but as soon as I added secured MMPKs, and activated "Supported secured maps" under settings, I was unable to view even your public MMPK (I would receive the above error). I tried to undo my settings and remove the secured MMPKs from the gallery, but still I could not view your MMPK. 

Is the failure to view secured MMPKs with rasters by design, a bug, human error, or wrong version of runtime? 

You have referred to " ..enhancements added to ArcGIS Runtime 100.2 and 100.2.1 ". If I open the MapViewerApp.qml, then I see I am importing Runtime  100.2 not 100.2.1 (see below). Should I not need to upgrade to 100.2.1 or is this implicit in AppStudio 3? 

/* Copyright 2017 Esri
etc
import QtQuick 2.7
import QtQuick.Controls 2.1
import QtQuick.Controls.Material 2.1
import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Promises 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Authentication 1.0
import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.2
import "controls" as Controls
import "views" as Views
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mervyn,

Thank you for bringing your question on GeoNet, the full error message is " Attempt to use functionality that is not supported for the current license (ArcGIS Runtime) level ".  (We will fix this display issue as soon as possible). 

Thanks,

Tina 

MervynLotter

Hi Tina

Thank you for clarifying the error message.

Can I therefore assume that only publicly shared MMPKs with rasters, that are created using the Publisher extension, are able to be viewed in AppStudio (and @Explorer for ArcGIS too I imagine)? 

There is certainly a need for securing the data in MMPKs, they cant all be made public. 

Would it be possible to display secured MMPKs (with rasters) within apps with the next release of AppStudio? Or if there is any blog that discusses this, please let me know? 

Regards

Mervyn

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mervyn,

If you have an ArcGIS Runtime Standard licenses, you should be able to access public and secured MMPKs that contains raster dataset with the current Map Viewer template. 

An ArcGIS Runtime license is always required for accessing MMPK that contains raster dataset not matter it was published using Publisher extension or not.  Actually, the user is not supposed to view MMPK with raster dataset without sign in ( we will fix it as soon as possible). 

Notice that an MMPK that contains raster tile packages (Public/secured) can be downloaded and viewed with an ArcGIS Runtime Lite license. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tina   

MervynLotter

Thank you Tina. I think I now understand what has happened. 

If you read this thread (Will the next release of ArcGIS Explorer for Android be able to show Beta release of ArcGIS Pro 2.1 ), it ends with a statement from Mark Bockenhauer where he indicated that the inclusion of rasters in MMPKs would not affect licencing levels (and MMPKs are viewable with a Lite licence). This is why I did not think our problem was related to licencing levels, which is contrary to what you have written and clarified for us. 

This is unfortunate and my work with rasters in MMPKs will now have to be with Tiles. 

Best wishes

Mervyn

0 Kudos
NatáliaPirohová
New Contributor II

Hi Tina,

I have the same issue like Daniel had. I am using the "Mobile map package" sample (mmpk is exported from ArcGis Pro). I have also An ArcGIS Runtime license but the raster layer doesnt show in the map (in AppStudio). I tried import it in tile package and also png...

Where could be a problem please??

Natalia

0 Kudos