Quickreport template not attaching files

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 07:53 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have built an app using the Quickreport template, which has worked fine until now. It was built on v3.3

For some reason the attachments are not added to the service in some of the reports (about 50% succesfully adds attachments while the other half submits the report but attachment is not added). I haven't changed anything on the service and don't understand why this has started happening.

I tried to create a new app using the newest template (v4.3) but it fails sending the report. The error shown is:

Unable to complete operation

Invalid request: the layer does not support applyEdits with globalId

I would prefer to have the problems with attachments not being added solved (v3.3), as I would need to re-publish the app to Appstore and Play again if moving the app to v4.3

Can someone help me point to what is causing this problem?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Kamran, 

There have been changes in the globalid requirement for submitting attachment since then, I think you can still use the previous logic of attaching and submitting feature by commenting this 3 lines of code from QuickReport/QuickReportApp.qml line ~1330 inside submitReport function. 

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Kamran, 

There have been changes in the globalid requirement for submitting attachment since then, I think you can still use the previous logic of attaching and submitting feature by commenting this 3 lines of code from QuickReport/QuickReportApp.qml line ~1330 inside submitReport function. 

Thank you,

Erwin

KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Thanks Erwin,

I managed to solve the Global-id error, but i still have the problems with the attachments. I am now using the newest version of Appstudio Quickreport template (4.3). The attachments are not being added to the service. Do You know what could cause this problem?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

That is weird. And no error message? 

Is it possible for you to share the feature layer for us to test? If not, let's work through Esri Technical Support‌, where we can troubleshoot this issue. 

0 Kudos
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

No error message is shown. I will open a ticket at Esri Technical support.

Thanks for Your help.

0 Kudos
StephanieLong1
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for sharing this solution!  It is still an issue in Quick Report (5.3)!!!

0 Kudos