Quick Report Dropbox Implementation

10-04-2017 10:34 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community,

Some users of my TURT app, a quick report made with AppStudio, have suggested it might be easier for them to transfer their photos from their desktop on their computer to dropbox or google drive and then access either or via the app on the AddPhotoPage. However, I am unsure about where to find sample code for this and then how to implement it into the quick report code. I realize I need to be dealing with the dropbox or google drive REST API, but I would like to see a sample first before trying to insert new code into my app. If anyone knows a good place that would have examples of this for QML in a quick report esque style, please message me and let me know.

As always, I want to thank everyone in advance for any feedback provided. 

Cheers,

Dustin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have been searching the internet but have not found any good examples of how to add the dropbox API to my quick report app. I discovered that I need a Dropbox.qml in the controls page to refer to in the onIconClicked on the addPhotosPage. If anyone knows a place where I can find the controls page for dropbox and the if else statement used in the onIconClicked, I would really appreciate it. Please feel free to e-mail me at dbaumbach@llu.edu or reply to this message. sprasad-esristaff

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi NManocha-esristaff‌ and sprasad-esristaff‌,

I was just curious if the above suggestion would be implemented into the quick report template for the new AppStudio 3.0? If so, that would be perfect. If not, would it be possible to release an example that I could view to figure out how to implement this feature into my own quick report app? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos