Push notifications in AppStudio?

Jump to solution
03-16-2017 04:32 AM
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

Hi. I am trying to send push notifications from my application to the device the application is on. Does anyone know if this or anything similar to it is possible in AppStudio?

I've seen a similar question originated from 2015, but there was no response on it.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Great! The local notification is in works for the next release. Will have more updates as we come closer to release which is not until UC 2017.

-Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there,

You mentioned - "notifications from my application to the device the application is on". Can you please clarify are you looking for in-app notification (client-client messaging) when running in background (aka local notification) or do you have a server-client scenario and you wanna perform downstream messaging to the app from the Cloud ( aka push notiifcations)?

Because based on your description it seems like you are interested in former (local notification). Is that correct?

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos
KE
by
Occasional Contributor

I have the same question, but I was interested in push notifications, sending users alerts when they are not using the app.

0 Kudos
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

Hi Nakul,

You are correct. I'm indeed interested in local notifications.

Kind regards,

Pim

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

There are couple of things I would like to know. 

1) Do you have a licensed version of Qt?

2) What is the use case of your app where you need local notifications?

Thanks

-Nakul

0 Kudos
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

1) I do have a licensed version of Qt.

2) The use case of the application involves notifying the user of the application that he/she has new in-app messages.

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Great! The local notification is in works for the next release. Will have more updates as we come closer to release which is not until UC 2017.

-Nakul

0 Kudos
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. I would love to hear some updates when they are available!

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Sure we will keep you posted

-Nakul

0 Kudos