Publishing an App

09-09-2019 11:12 AM
GiatriLalla
New Contributor III

Good Day,

I have a completed app which I built using appstudio basic licenses. I keep seeing that we can publish these apps to the appstore but when I start the process, it keeps telling me I need a standard account. What should I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

What type of account do you possess?

0 Kudos
GiatriLalla
New Contributor III

AppStudio Basic

0 Kudos
ChrisLeSueur
Esri Contributor

Hello,

With the recent release of AppStudio 4.0 we made some changes to the licensing levels. For the base level of AppStudio for ArcGIS (previously AppStudio Basic) these changes affected the tools you have access to use (added AppStudio Desktop) and how you can distribute your apps.  Apps created with the base AppStudio for ArcGIS license can be shared with others in your ArcGIS organization using the AppStudio Player app. An AppStudio Developer Edition License (previously AppStudio Standard) is required If you would like to create a stand-alone build of your app to publish to an App Store.

See this blog post for more details about the licensing changes: https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2019/06/25/licensing-changes-coming-in-appstudio-fo... 

See the table at the bottom of this page for a comparison between "AppStudio for ArcGIS" and "AppStudio for ArcGIS Developer Edition" AppStudio for ArcGIS Pricing | Buy Now 

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Chris

0 Kudos