Multiple Feature Services in Quick Report

Jump to solution
07-21-2020 04:30 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tina Jin‌,

I am trying to create a quick report application that handles multiple feature services, but am confused on how to combine these into a single feature server for AppStudio to handle. I have created my initial layers in ArcGIS Pro and have published them to my ArcGIS Online account. What are the next steps in creating a feature server that combines these two feature services?

Thank you for your help.

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

Loma Linda University

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for asking the question in our GeoNet community.  You can go to Settings > Properties > Form > Layer IDs of the feature service to add your layer IDs. 

To found out layer ID, go to your hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online or Enterprise > scroll down and click on View.  You will find layer ID under the layers section.

I hope it helps

Thanks,

Tina

View solution in original post

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for asking the question in our GeoNet community.  You can go to Settings > Properties > Form > Layer IDs of the feature service to add your layer IDs. 

To found out layer ID, go to your hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online or Enterprise > scroll down and click on View.  You will find layer ID under the layers section.

I hope it helps

Thanks,

Tina

DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tina Jin‌,

Thank you very much for your response. I have added two point feature services to a web map in ArcGIS Online, but can't find the link that hosts both point feature services. Where is this located? Otherwise, I would have to insert both feature individual feature service URLs in the AppStudio settings, which it doesn't seem to be ok with. Where can I find the link that hosts both feature services? Is this located in a web map where both point feature services are displayed?

Thank you,

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

Loma Linda University

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dustin,

Quick Report template only supports one feature layer with sublayers.  Can you combine two point feature layers into one feature layer with two sublayers?

Thanks,

Tina 

DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tina Jin,

This should be possible. Is there documentation that describes how to do this? I am unaware of how to combine the two feature layers into one with sublayers. I think this is the step that I am currently missing.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Tina Jin‌,

I was able to make a new group layer this morning in ArcGIS Pro and then host that to ArcGIS Online (See feature service view), but I am still unable to get AppStudio to work with my two point layers. I have provided my settings in another screenshot attached here.

Thank you,

DustinFeature service view of group layerAppStudio Settings

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dustin,

Please go to Quick Report settings and click on the Reset option, it should solve the issue.

Thanks,

Tina

DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Tina Jin‌. This helped to solve the problem. I appreciate your help.

Dustin

0 Kudos