Map Viewer Template 4.4 Basemap Identification

01-27-2021 08:27 AM
WGIMaps
New Contributor III

I am noticing a difference in the Map Viewer template 4.4 that I cannot change or remedy that has become an issue. In all of my maps, whenever a point is clicked on to display the pop-up information the app is identifying all of the layers within the base map as well. So instead of showing one window in the pop-up, it will display 9 or 10 showing the info for all of the layers of the Esri base map. Is there a way to turn this off?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@WGIMaps 

So you wish to only return one result or less result?

That is weird, we didn't make any changes on that section on version 4.4. and I believe that is how it has been working. That functionality comes with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt that we use, and I don't think we can change that. The idea is to return the features in the area of the mouse click on identity. Perhaps we should have zoom dependency on the features so that it would not show when it is too zoom out to be identified?

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
RyanGay2
New Contributor III

Erwin, 

My apologies for the late response. Thank you for your response. I wish for it to function the way it did with the previous map view templates. When features are clicked on or selected the pertinent pop-up info is displayed. Before it was only the data associated with the feature or features that would pop up. Now it isall of that information along with the info for the many layers within the imagery basemap. And when a user cycles through them all, the extent significantly changes based on which layer of the basemap is being identified leaving a very cumbersome and confusing identification interface.  

0 Kudos