Map Viewer layer not refreshing

08-12-2015 05:29 PM
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

I'm new to AppStudio and tried it out with a trial account, built my first Map Viewer app with a single map. Built it, downloaded it, installed it looked great. I went back to ArcGIS online and edited the map and the layer in it and added a bunch of locations. I rebuilt my app in AppStudio and after installing the new version my layer changes were not in there. I went back several times trying various things and the builds are not reflecting the current version of that map. I think I must be doing something wrong. Maps and layers are public. When I go into Map Viewer Settings and look at the map that is selected, that thumbnail is representing the same state of the map I think it should be picking up. If I follow the links - More Details / Open / Map Viewer it loads the correct version. But after I rebuild and install it the layer is not updated. What do you think is happening here?

thanks for your help!

--jf
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Could you try setting the refresh interval on your map and creating your app again?

The Map Viewer Template should support this functionality - if it does not, a bug will need to be raised

Set refresh interval—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

The Refresh Interval option does not appear on the layer I am using.

I tried several more times removing then re-adding the layer. I even tried making an entirely new app. Even though when the app makes the icon of the map that icon includes the layer markers, the running app does not.

--jf
0 Kudos