Issue debugging Survey 123 Connect (Template) in QT Creator

Jump to solution
09-12-2018 10:59 AM
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Hi

I've followed the steps outlined here to debug the template in QT Creator (Community Edition)

Debug JavaScript in Qt Creator—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

When trying to run the debug on the out of the box survey 123 template, I get the following errors from Qt Creator 

13:58:21: Debugging starts

13:58:21: Starting C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64\bin\qmlscene.exe C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Survey123Connect.qml "-qmljsdebugger=port:51225,block,services:DebugMessages,QmlDebugger,V8Debugger,QmlInspector"

QML Debugger: Waiting for connection on port 51225...

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::registerTypes(const char *) ArcGIS.AppFramework

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) ArcGIS.AppFramework

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) Offline storage path: "C:\\Users\\myuser\AppData\\Local\\QtProject\\QtQmlViewer\\QML\\OfflineStorage"

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) CoInitializeEx failed: -2147417850

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeNetwork(void) Using system network proxy configuration

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Image: void __cdecl ImageProvider::initialize(class QQmlEngine *) QQmlEngine(0x79b7aff0f8)

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Image: __cdecl ImageProvider::ImageProvider(class QFlags<enum QQmlImageProviderBase::Flag>) QFlags()

Registering QML types: ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop

Initializing QML engine: ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Sql.Projection: void __cdecl Proj4::initialize(void) PJ_VERSION: 493

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Sql.ST: class QString __cdecl ST_Projection::lookupDef(int) 4326 = "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs"

file:///C:/Users/myuserArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Survey123Connect.qml:1... Type ConnectApp unavailable

file:///C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Connect/ConnectApp.qml:214 Type TutorialsTab unavailable

file:///C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Connect/TutorialsTab.... plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtWebView": Cannot load library C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64\qml\QtWebView\declarative_webview.dll: Th

e specified module could not be found.

13:58:23: Debugging has finished

13:52:41: Debugging has finished

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Lynda,

As mentioned by John, Survey123 Connect will work only on Windows, macOS and Linux desktop platforms. It's not designed to run on Android device, Android emulator and iOS. That's why your custom Survey123 Connect Template app fails to load in below cases

- Android emulator using the App Studio Launch to Virtual Devices

- AppStudio Player on iPhone

Only the apps that can run on an Android device can be tested in Android emulator using AppStudio Launch to Virtual Devices feature.

To test your survey on Android emulator / iPhone, you would have to create a custom Survey123 field app using the template shown in below screenshot and deploy that to Android / iPhone.

If your goal is to make changes to Survey123 to limit what surveys appear on the field app running on Android, iOS and desktop platforms, you would need to create a new app from the Survey123 (Template) instead of Survey123 Connect (Template).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Ok. I'm still getting errors with this approach as well. I will move my issue to tech support for resolution. Thanks.

0 Kudos