Google sign in error Windows 10 - this browser or app may not be secure

01-28-2020 03:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to use a webview in AppStudio 4.1 on my Windows 10 PC to login to a third party website. The website has OAuth set up to allow logins using Google. However, it gets to the point where you enter your email address and google starts authenticating it, and then Google returns an error page saying "...couldn't sign you in... This browser or app may not be secure". I have attached a screenshot of the error message.

I'm assuming there must be a workaround, because AGOL itself allows Google social logins, and the sign in view in AppStudio allows this. I tried using both the WebView and BrowserView but no difference.

I am testing on my Windows 10 PC and it fails. I uploaded my sample app to AGOL and then tested on my iPhone inside the AppPlayer and it worked fine.

Any suggestions?

5 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Paul, 

Can you share the third party website URL and reproducible steps? So that we can test. So far the same workflow still works if we login to the ArcGIS Online OAuth page, correct? 

I also tried loading the Google OAuth login page directly to the BrowserView and it is working on Windows 10 PC. 

browser.url = "https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?scope=email%20profile&redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob:auto&response_type=code&client_id=xxxxxx-k1er45mckjk00ve6lu7c6kvmfm7o6ts1.apps.googleusercontent.com"

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Hgw4ikN5S_iK
New Contributor

I just purchased ArcGIS Pro and I'm unable to sign in with my Google account with the same error. 

I am using Windows 10.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Liz, 

The issue you are encountering might be related that the issue that Paul encounters, but Paul encounters this issue with a custom application built using AppStudio, in which I currently can not reproduce on my side. 

In what application are you encountering this issue? Login using social login (Google) in ArcGIS Pro‌?

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Hgw4ikN5S_iK
New Contributor

Yes. ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos
SusanTran
Esri Contributor

Hi Liz, 

There may be a workaround for ArcGIS Pro. Please see the Knowledge Base article 000022667 and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Susan