Geofence app pushup possibilities

Jump to solution
01-22-2019 12:24 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, before I start the whole thing up, I would like to now if this could be done with AppStudio. Would it be possible to get an push notification (Let the app ask you something), when enter an area. I was thinking maybe connect it with the geo event server, so the app opens different sides in the app when you enter a predefined geofence.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kenneth, 

Push notification is currently NOT supported. With that being said though, there are alternatives available, we have had a lot of success using 3rd party services such as Microsoft Flow, Zapier and Integromat, etc. 

These services provide a variety of notifications-like services (notification, emails, text, etc), with a simple call to their web service links that can be done easily using NetworkRequest component in AppStudio for ArcGIS, including GeoEvent and geofence app-like. 

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kenneth, 

Push notification is currently NOT supported. With that being said though, there are alternatives available, we have had a lot of success using 3rd party services such as Microsoft Flow, Zapier and Integromat, etc. 

These services provide a variety of notifications-like services (notification, emails, text, etc), with a simple call to their web service links that can be done easily using NetworkRequest component in AppStudio for ArcGIS, including GeoEvent and geofence app-like. 

Thank you,

Erwin

KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Erwin, thank you for giving me a direction 🙂 

0 Kudos