EnableLabels on feature layer crashes iOS 9.3

07-10-2016 07:15 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Am wondering if anyone else can replicate this crash? From what I can see, it seems to have appeared since the AppStudio upgrade to 1.2. The code below works on a desktop PC, and used to work on iPads (running up to 9.3 that I'm aware of), but new builds from AppStudio 1.2 crash.

The problem appears to the 'enableLabels' line in the featurelayer which, if set to true, crashes the app when running on iOS 9.3.2 (tested on iPad and iPhone 6).

If you can replicate, please let me know, and if you can think of a workaround - this could be a major problem if labeling if suddenly not usable on iOS devices!

import QtQuick 2.3

import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0

import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Runtime 1.0

App {

id: app

width: 800

height: 532

GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable {

id: featureServiceTable

url: "http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/BloomfieldHillsMichigan/LandusePlanning/F..."

}

Map {

id: map

anchors.fill: parent

focus: true

ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer {  url: "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"  }

FeatureLayer {

enableLabels: true;

featureTable: featureServiceTable

}   

}

}

0 Kudos
14 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Paul,

Yes I was able to reproduce the issue in 64 bit iphone 6. I am going to log this as a defect and send you the bug id.

Thank you.

Nakul

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Nakul

Any idea if this is likely to be able to be fixed at the build end of things or will it require a change to the AppStudio application itself? i.e. I'm guessing that a fix at the build server end could happen anytime, but a patch/update for the application would be much slower to be made available. Obviously I'm anxious to get a resolution asap  

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

Yes, this issue can be fixed at the build end as the fix is required only in ArcGIS Runtime libraries. No change is required in AppStudio application. We will do our best to resolve this issue soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Shobana

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great - thanks for letting me know Shobana, I'll wait to hear more.

-Paul

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Paul,

FYI- I have logged this as an official defect #BUG-000097758 -Enabling Labels on a feature layer causes
application to crash on 64bit iOS devices

0 Kudos