Email Composer working condition?

Jump to solution
10-31-2019 07:07 PM
SeanKim
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am wondering that is there any condition that working properly of Email Composer? I supposed to it will work on Windows, but it returns an error even I'm using windows default email client which is associated in settings' pane like below. I've also tested using Mozilla Thunderbird but failed.

Does someone have a knowledge about this?

Thanks,

Sean.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sean, 

I just tested this using AppStudio 4.0.93.

Yes, I can reproduce the same issue that Email Composer from AppFramework of AppStudio for ArcGIS does not work with the default Mail email client app in Windows 10. However, I can make it work using Microsoft Outlook email client. Do you have option to install Microsoft Outlook on your end?

I tried to install Mozilla Thunderbird on my side, but I am having trouble setting up our mail server, however the Email Composer does trigger to open the Thunderbird application.

Thank you,

Erwin 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sean, 

I just tested this using AppStudio 4.0.93.

Yes, I can reproduce the same issue that Email Composer from AppFramework of AppStudio for ArcGIS does not work with the default Mail email client app in Windows 10. However, I can make it work using Microsoft Outlook email client. Do you have option to install Microsoft Outlook on your end?

I tried to install Mozilla Thunderbird on my side, but I am having trouble setting up our mail server, however the Email Composer does trigger to open the Thunderbird application.

Thank you,

Erwin 

0 Kudos
SeanKim
New Contributor III

Thanks for testing.

I can also check that outlook is working on windows, but I want to get the detailed information of the supported device/os list. Does this type has a plan to widen support for applications on windows?

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sean, 

We are not currently working on Email Composer for AppStudio 4.1 release that is coming up by the end of the year. But if you could specify (other than Mail on Windows 10) other email clients on Windows that you would like us to support, I can try to help you submit an enhancement request support for those other email clients to the team for future release.

Thank you,

Erwin   

0 Kudos
SeanKim
New Contributor III

Thanks for the comment, Erwin.

Appreciate for that. I will adding a comment when I decided what kinds of email clients are needed.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

On another thought, you can also submit an official enhancement request through Esri Technical Support

0 Kudos