Can I access and use mmpks from Explorer or Navigator?

04-06-2018 06:46 AM
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

In my mobile app for iOS, Android (and Windows but for this question that platform is N/A) I have enabled the use of mobile map packages for offline maps. I configured the app to be able to search for, download, store and use mmpks. But if the device also has Navigator for ArcGIS or Explorer for ArcGIS installed (or other apps that support mmpks, for that matter) and has mmpks for them, can I also leverage those so as to not potentially duplicate stored data? If so, where on the device can I access them?

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Every app that supports mmpk may have a different path. So if you know the path you can point to that in your appstudio app atleast on Android. Basically all apps can consume the same mmpks. As long as they share the same path. Generally, all AppStudio apps point to \ArcGIS\AppStudio\Data. In that case you can share the mmpks for all apps. Actually, player uses the same path. So if one app (within player) download the mmpk. Another app can just consume it as long it is looking for the same path.

I hope this helps.

Nakul

0 Kudos
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

Thanks Nakul, this is helpful. In the case of Explorer and Navigator, are the paths known? I was using my app today and needed an mmpk. It occurred to me I had an appropriate one downloaded in Navigator and realized the inefficiency of downloading it again.

Searching GeoNet I found the path for Explorer on Android. How can I find out the paths for Explorer on iOS and Navigator in both platforms? I guess I should talk to someone from those teams, right?

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't know the path for mmpks in Esri Apps such as navigator etc. You may try find out from the team. They might be able to tell you but I can't be sure.

Nakul

0 Kudos