Attachments not showing in App Studio's Map Viewer template

09-25-2018 10:05 PM
gissdadmin
New Contributor

Hello all,

Did my due diligence and so far haven't found the answers.

I would like to create and app using App Studio's default template "Map Viewer".

However, whenever I click a point, the attachments (image/s) does not show up. Atrributes shows, just the images not showing.

The workflow is

Public Survey123 form submitted and visualized on a Web Map.

Web Map consumed by Operations Dashboard and this app.

Images show up in the Web Map and Operations Dashboard.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

gissd admin

Can you share the feature layer or webmap ID? So that I can test and take a look. 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
gissdadmin
New Contributor

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the reply

This is the service URL https://services8.arcgis.com/8p4cTJERnT5sCxpI/arcgis/rest/services/survey123_e3386208aa8b4de0af24ec9... 

This is the web map

https://spatialdecisions.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=91cfcf4ca4ad4d67b6b550730171... 

Also, does App Studio Map Viewer Template not recognize "Data clustering"?

Cheers

Charlemagne

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Charlemagne, 

I tested the Webmap and I can see the attachment picture of some of the missing pets. I am not sure which one you are referring to? Are you talking about specific feature(s)? 

"Data Clustering" is not a feature in feature layer that you can click on, if thats what you are asking. 

Thank you,

Erwin.

0 Kudos
gissdadmin
New Contributor

Hi Erwin,

thanks for the reply. There is nothing wrong with the Web Map as you have specified. The situation is the Web Map shows the attachments, and all the point features have photos. The Operations Dashboard consuming this webmap also displays the photos.

However, when I create an app using App Studio, the created app does not show the attached photos, just the attribute information of the points. 

Basically what I want is when users use the app, and when they zoom in and click a point, the attribute info and photos are both shown in the app. Right now its just the attribute information.

2nd: Regarding Point Clustering, in the Web Map I have two layers right, same layer actually, but one is a layer that has clustering enabled. So in the web map and Operations Dashboard, clustering of points is shown.

However on the app I created using App Studio, the points don't cluster even though they are referencing the same web map.

thanks for your insights. Please see attached photos.

Charlemagne

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Charlemagne, 

Maybe I was not clear, I was hoping I could see the WebMap that is not working, to reproduce the same error. So that hopefully we can troubleshoot, and maybe find a workaround, or confirm that this is a bug in MapViewer. 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
gissdadmin
New Contributor

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the reply. The link to the webmap was posted on my previous reply. In any case, here it is 

https://spatialdecisions.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=91cfcf4ca4ad4d67b6b550730171... 

as I have mentioned earlier, the web map is working fine, Operations dashboard can display the images, its the App Studio Map Viewer Template that is unable to display the attachments so maybe its a bug.

Let me know. Appreciate the support.

Cheers,

Charlemagne

Edit: if it helps, this is the link to the APK file https://drive.google.com/open?id=10pNm8y6zJLQjeILBLTD0Zz6af5QI6YCN 

0 Kudos
HarryFrank
New Contributor

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. The webmap works fine, but I can't view the attachments in the attachment viewer app. I even made a working version with a hosted feature service, brought it down, and hosted the features from our server. The app sees that the points have attachments, but they can't be viewed. It seems like this template only works with hosted feature services, but I haven't been able to verify. 

0 Kudos