AppStudio Quick Report and language default

07-06-2016 05:08 PM
AmyWork1
New Contributor

I am working on building a Quick Report app using ArcStudio for animal monitoring purposes. The target audience who will use this app speaks Spanish as their primary language. The EFS has been created in Spanish and works fine in the App.

However, the publish App still has English defaults at primary buttons to submit new reports, location, etc. I need to change these English defaults in the App to Spanish.

1.  How do I change the English defaults to Spanish?

I have downloaded the AppStudio for ArcGIS, yet I only have the basic license.

2. It is possible to change the English default language in the app in the Basic license?

3.  Or is the Standard license needed for this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

The language used in Quick Report app is determined by the device's language settings. Spanish is already supported in apps created from the Quick Report template. The buttons in the app will display Spanish text if the device's language is set to Spanish.

Currently it is not possible to change the default language in the app for iOS and Android. On desktop platforms, it is possible to have desktop system language as English but the app appear in Spanish by launching the app with "--locale localeCode" command line parameter.

e.g., The locale code for Spanish is "es". Quick report app launched using below command will display Spanish text.

C:\Users\username\Applications\ArcGIS\MyApp\MyApp.exe --locale es

Thanks

Shobana