how to select Feature Layer & get data in my ViewModel Code?

10-28-2014 08:36 AM
AnandKirti
New Contributor

Currently I m building a Application which is in Silverlight 5, Prism 4, Telerik Controls, Open RIA Service, Entity Framework 6. This application have lot of work in ArcGIS Silverlight Api.

I m able to Display map Using . On the top of this Map I've Few Fetaure Layers for Roads, Traffic Signs & Lot may other Layers Like this. I'm able to project these layer on Map too 1 by 1 by MVVM pattern.

Now I tried to Use esri:Editor to allow user to select on click & Selection Rectangle with the help of ArcGIS API for Silverlight - Interactive Samples | ArcGIS for Developers

this link. Now I m able to select the Roads when use click on it. or select some area. But I m unable to get the data selected in my ViewModel.

More I also need to Draw tool with MVVM how to do It. I m unable to get some good resource for this. I need to Download the shape file when use select on map too.

Please help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anand,

When working with the Editor, your FeatureLayer or GraphicsLayer must have its ID property set. At minimum, you must also set Editor.Map and Editor.GeometryServiceUrl properties. There is also an Editor.LayerIDs property but normally you would only set this if you want Editor to work with the specified layer ID's. If all editable layers in your map need to use the Editor, you don't need to specify LayerIDs.

0 Kudos