How to export web map include graphic layer in ArcGIS 10.1?

04-19-2012 08:02 PM
JUNGKEUNLIM
New Contributor
Hello,

Our system environment is as follow;

Server : ArcGIS server 10.1 pre-release
Client : ArcGIS API for Silverlight 3.0 pre-release

I want to export web map include graphic layer, but export web map function does not operate when graphic layer is included.
Tiled map is saved well except graphic layer.

I looked in Fiddler what Web_Map_JSON parameter as follow;

1. Success
http://192.168.104.65:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%...

2. Fail
http://192.168.104.65:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%...
22 Replies
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
arcpy.mapping.ConvertWebMapToMapDocument turns client-side graphics into feature layers pointing to a file-geodatabase created on-the-fly for this purpose. Using the arcpy.mapping API, You can check the mxd produced by this function for feature layers with this sort of data source (these layers may be grouped in group layers, so check those too). That will tell you which layers contain your client-side graphics.
0 Kudos
GeorgePan
New Contributor
I think I need more specifics on exactly what doesn't work. I can see that the graphics layers are read correctly (they show some features in southern Texas), but many of them appear to have alpha values of 0 in the color definitions. For example, the outlines in your middle graphics layer. Those are treated as null colors in the output.  Is that the problem -- that the graphics layers don't appear in your output?

Yes that is the issue. The black back ground color is used as default since alpha values of 0 in the color definitions. Whta is your solution to fix it? Thanks, George
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
Yes that is the issue. The black back ground color is used as default since alpha values of 0 in the color definitions. Whta is your solution to fix it? Thanks, George

I don't fully understand. If you use an alpha value of 0, nothing will appear. The zero means "completely transparent." Why are you using this value?
0 Kudos
tomw
by
New Contributor
Any idea when we can have a fix for known limitations/bugs in the current preview?

Thanks,

Tom
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
Which known limitations and bugs? There are several fixes for the print service included in 10.1 service pack 1, and several more coming later. Which ones do you mean?
0 Kudos
tomw
by
New Contributor
Thanks Peter for reply.

For GrapgicsLayer:
1. dose not support a polygon with a transparency
2. dose not support a point with ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.TextSymbol
3. mix of geometry types

Tom
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor

1. dose not support a polygon with a transparency
2. dose not support a point with ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.TextSymbol
3. mix of geometry types

1. The service supports transparency in polygons, in graphics layers. What are you having trouble with?
2. I don't know what you mean by this. Do you have an example?
3. You mean a mix of geometry types in the same layer? Yes, the print service falls short here. It's not likely to improve very soon.
0 Kudos
tomw
by
New Contributor
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help on this.

1. Yes, the service supports transparency in polygons, in graphics layers.
      -- Dim mFill As SolidColorBrush = New SolidColorBrush()

works with A value - mFill.Color = Color.FromArgb(A,R,G,B)

does not work with Opacity value - mFill.Opacity = value

2. Yes, the service works if a graphic is a point with ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.TextSymbol. But does not work if I add an attribute to the graphic.

Do you think esri will fix the second issue?

Cheers,

Tom
0 Kudos
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
Has there been a definitive listing of the limitations of Export Web Map yet?

Specifically, I'm having trouble exporting a map that contains a graphics layer symbolized using a unique value renderer.

I'm getting a similar error: Error executing tool.: Layer "graphicsLayer2": Field 'pointType' not part of schema for this feature collection. Where the field 'pointType' contains the value to be rendered on.

Thanks!
Jill
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III
Hi
2. does not support a point with ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.TextSymbol

Would this be the reason why my web pages using the Javascript API refuses to print text annotation added by the user?  I know it is a different interaface, but it seems like the error I get

Layer "graphicsLayer1": Field 'newID' not part of schema for this feature collection.

Is ArcGIS server related.

Cheers

Adrian
0 Kudos