Select to view content in your preferred language

Trying to add collapsible and windows panels to my application

08-11-2011 10:28 AM
DanielSchatt
Regular Contributor
hi all, I've been wondering why none of the window controls on the samples has a close button and collapsible functionality built in, like the floating panel in the old .NET API.  I just apparently found such controls in the WebMapViewer app in the Code Gallery.  So I downloaded this and now I'm trying to add the CollapsiblePanel and the WindowPanel tools into my own application.

I added the basic WindowPanel XAML code into my XAML.  I assumed I had to create a UserControls folder and the WindowPanel .xaml and WindowPanel.xaml.cs under it (as in the WebMapViewer solution). But it's still not recognizing the WindowPanel, error is:

The name "WindowPanel" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:ShorelineAssessmentMapper".

So what else might I need to do?  Thanks for any help!

Dan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeminHu
Deactivated User
Did you add the following code in generic.xaml under Theme folder ?

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        <ResourceDictionary Source="/yourapp;component/UserControls/DraggableWindow.xaml" />      
        <ResourceDictionary Source="/yourapp;component/UserControls/WindowPanel.xaml" />
    </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
0 Kudos
DanielSchatt
Regular Contributor
Thanks, that was the missing piece.  After I did that and built it, it worked.  I also needed to copy the dismiss image into my app folder and change that image path at the bottom of WindowPanel.xaml to get that close button to appear.
0 Kudos