Tooltip for Features

08-11-2010 02:21 AM
UlfGrimhardt
New Contributor
Hi

I have two Feature in my MXD (Point and Polygon) and in Silverlight i would like to have Tooltips for both Features at MouseOver.

Is it the only way to create two FeatureLayer, one for each feature?

I also put GraphicLayers over the Features, for example to show the Search Result, if the Feature is overlayed by a GraphicLayer the Tooltip doesnt work anymore. So i have to put the Tooltip in the GraphicLayers as well, right??
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, you will need to create 2 Feature Layers, one for each geometry type.

If you are using the same FeatureService for your query and display them on GraphicsLayer, yes you will also need to have the GraphicsLayer define its own MapTip. Because the MapTip on your FeatureLayer will not be activated since the graphics in the GraphicsLayer hides the features from the FeatureLayer clicked.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
UlfGrimhardt
New Contributor
Ok, thanks for your answer.

I now have a FeatureLayer for my PolygonFeature, but it takes to much time until the FeatureLayer is loaded. Also it adds a black Border around my PolygonShapes. How can i stop that?
0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Hmm.. the symbol you set on the feature does not have this black border? You can visit the Feature URL from the browser and see its DrawingInfo. These are the symbols used in your FeatureLayer. Check to see if it has a Line Symbol for outline. If you want to override the renderer or symbol, you can do so by setting FeatureLayer.Renderer or FeatureLayer.FeatureSymbol also.

About the long wait for load, you can use Fiddler to see the web requests and responses. And see if it's busy sending/receiving requests or if something there is incorrect that causes the lag. Do you also know how many features are in that layer? I know there's a service limit of 1000 for 10.0 and 500 for 9.3.

Jennifer
0 Kudos