Select to view content in your preferred language

The remote server returned an error: NotFound

02-19-2012 11:16 PM
Esriguy
Occasional Contributor
In my sliver light application, I making call to custom Geo processing service to perform some heavy weight operations at server side.
This service call always returns an error "The remote server returned an error: NotFound." 

Below is pseudo code, Application always goes to "saveLine_Failed"

Geoprocessor saveLineShotInfo = new Geoprocessor(url);
            saveLine.ExecuteCompleted += new EventHandler<GPExecuteCompleteEventArgs>(saveLine_ExecuteCompleted);
            saveLine.Failed += new EventHandler<TaskFailedEventArgs>(saveLine_Failed);
            saveLineShotInfo.ExecuteAsync(gparameters);

Error:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BeginOnUI>b__1(Object sendState)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)}

I debugged using Fiddler and copied the response below.  Fiddler displays 500 error code.

I have increased "executionTimeout" in httpRuntime element in my web.config to 3600 seconds and also increased Geo processing service maximum time out parameter as well. But nothing works out. I could not find exact root cause for this issue.

Please help me on this immediately.

'---- Fiddler Output-------
Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

-------------------------
Fiddler additional information

Request Header : POST /ArcGIS/rest/services/CustomTools/GPServer/SaveLineTool/Execute HTTP/1.1
Time taken : 125 seconds
----------------------------------------------

SESSION STATE: Done.
Request Entity Size: 8084 bytes.
Response Entity Size: 2548 bytes.

== FLAGS ==================
BitFlags: [ServerPipeReused] 0x10
X-CLIENTPORT: 22714
X-RESPONSEBODYTRANSFERLENGTH: 2548
X-EGRESSPORT: 22688
X-HOSTIP: 137.144.106.66
X-PROCESSINFO: iexplore:11020
X-CLIENTIP: 127.0.0.1
X-SERVERSOCKET: REUSE ServerPipe#84

== TIMING INFO ============
ClientConnected: 03:06:39.994
ClientBeginRequest: 03:06:39.994
ClientDoneRequest: 03:06:39.994
Determine Gateway: 0ms
DNS Lookup:   0ms
TCP/IP Connect: 0ms
HTTPS Handshake: 0ms
ServerConnected: 03:00:52.574
FiddlerBeginRequest: 03:06:39.994
ServerGotRequest: 03:06:39.994
ServerBeginResponse: 03:08:43.486
ServerDoneResponse: 03:08:43.486
ClientBeginResponse: 03:08:43.486
ClientDoneResponse: 03:08:43.486

Overall Elapsed: 00:02:03.4920195

The response was buffered before delivery to the client.

== WININET CACHE INFO ============
This URL is not present in the WinINET cache.

* Note: Data above shows WinINET's current cache state, not the state at the time of the request.
* Note: Data above shows WinINET's Medium Integrity (non-Protected Mode) cache
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
I would like to document this too but we don't have an actual repro case. Do you mind sending code snippets and/or steps to reproduce? I understand the same code works for less complex geometry. Have you tried using sample server GP? I wanted to check if this issue had been fixed in v2.4. Thank you for your patience. Alternatively, you can also submit bug report to tech support.
0 Kudos
Esriguy
Occasional Contributor
Jennifer:

Thank you. Please give some time do provide you the sample code snippet. I am very much looking for this fix.
0 Kudos
MuzammilAK
Deactivated User
Does Simplifying the geometry solves your problem?
0 Kudos