Routing with landmarks in Arcgis

04-08-2015 02:17 AM
anuragdixit
New Contributor

How can we add landmarks in Arcgis network dataset.When creating a network dataset,under direction portion in landmark tab, I have added a point class as turn landmarks (as well as playing around with confirmation landmarks as well),they also have valid name field.I adjusted the tolerance to 500 meters,which was suitable tolerance as far as i concern, but landmarks are still not visible in directions. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VatormisB
New Contributor

anurag dixit,

What version of ArcGIS do you use? There was an issue with tolerance: it worked wrong on some projections. The issue was fixed in 10.3.

If use 10.3, for turn landmarks, your landmark must be located in 500-meter radius around maneuver point.

If 10.2 or earlier, try to project your data (or sample) in WGS84.

0 Kudos
anuragdixit
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply...

Yes i am using 10.2 version or ArcGIS.By using landmark tab i am able to add landmark file but landmarks are not visible on routing directions.Can you explain what steps should i take to find out the solution....

0 Kudos
VatormisB
New Contributor

Sorry for long silence, I was away from Internet. If the issue is still actual: try to re-project Feature Classes, which are going to be network sources using "Project" GP Tool from "Data Management". Try both WGS 1984 and Mercator, I don't remember, which is ok. Then create network.

Another hack: try to set some huge value in search tolerance, e.g. 1000000 and try to get directions. This can tell you, if landmarks can be generated.

0 Kudos
anuragdixit
New Contributor

Hi,

I converted the projection of my feature class to WGS_1984_World_Mercator (projected coordinate systems-World) using "Project" Tool from "Data Management".But still it didn't work.May be I am doing something wrong.But the issue is still as it was.Please help me to find the solution.

Again thanks for your kind support......

0 Kudos
anuragdixit
New Contributor

I tried both Mercator(Projected coordinate system) and WGS_1984(Geographical coordinate systems).But Still it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
VatormisB
New Contributor

Does it work with large search tolerance?

If your data is not confidential, you can extract sample and provide me with it.

0 Kudos