Pause Selection

11-19-2010 08:16 AM
MichaelRose
New Contributor III
I am trying to incorporate the selection tools to my Silverlight project utilizing ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Editor.  Here is the code I am using:

<RadioButton Name="radNew" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="48,111,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="New" Command="{Binding Select}" CommandParameter="New" Foreground="White"/>
<RadioButton Name="radAdd" Margin="104,111,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="Add" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="46" Command="{Binding Select}" CommandParameter="Add" Foreground="White"/>
<RadioButton Name="radRemove" Margin="154,111,157,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="Remove" Command="{Binding Select}" CommandParameter="Remove" Foreground="White"/>
<Button Margin="0,111,16,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="Change map location" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Command="{Binding Select}" CommandParameter="CancelActive"/>
<Button Margin="48,138,16,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="Clear Selection" RenderTransformOrigin="0,0.773"  Command="{Binding ClearSelection}"/> 

What I would like to do us for the Button with Content="Change map location" when clicked, it will stop selecting so my users can pan, zoom, etc.  Once they have moved to their new location, they can continue to select.

Currently, after pressing the button, I begin selecting as if the CommandParameter="New".

Has anyone else done this before?

Appreciate the insight!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
You can set Editor to ContinuousMode=true and bind your "Change Map Location" button to CancelActive command.

You can try it in this sample:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#EditToolsAutoSave
0 Kudos
MichaelRose
New Contributor III
You can set Editor to ContinuousMode=true and bind your "Change Map Location" button to CancelActive command.

You can try it in this sample:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#EditToolsAutoSave

Thank you Jennifer!  That did the trick.  I was binding Select rather than CancelActive.
0 Kudos