Select to view content in your preferred language

Odd Authentication problem with feature services.

11-08-2012 08:52 AM
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor
I have a weird authentication problem with feature services.

I've been developing with ArcGIS server since 10.0. I have some sites that allow users to authenticate with feature services and make changes and add data.

The weird part is that whenever I go to these sites from PCs that i didn't develop with that was off the servers local network, authentication works but I can't see any features or make any changes to them. I just see a empty feature data grid and an empty map.

But whenever I'm on my PC at work or home that I used from day one to develop these sites with it works.

Why doesn't it work for new PCs?  It knows i have to authenticate, its lets me authenticate, but nothing is available to do. The weird part is that i can query these secure feature layers and populate a data grid with the data.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to look for?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor
I checked Firebug to see what is happening.

Both PCs are requesting a token and getting one.

The only differencce that i can find at the moment is that the PCs that I've been using both on and off the network that work fine and requesting a token and getting one, THEN they are querying the feature layer to Get all the existing features to populate the map and the featuredatagrid.

The newer PCs that aren't working are requesting a token and getting one, BUT they are NEVER querying the feature layer to Get all the existing features to populate the map and the featuredatagrid. However if I just do a basic query on one of the layers it works and populates a listbox or datagrid.
0 Kudos
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor
I think I have some old code causing the problems. from the 2.4 SDK
0 Kudos