map tip challenge... multiple maps overlaid

Jump to solution
03-12-2015 04:06 PM
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I've been using the 'slide' example here

ArcGIS API for Silverlight - Interactive Samples

but now the challenge is to get maptips working in both. I have Feature Layers and associated MapTips for each map (above and below). The maptips only work on the top map.

my best guess is that even though the code is setting an opacity for the top map, which is great for a visual effect, but hovering a mouse on the below map won't let the mouse actually hit the below map.

I've experimented with setting the .IsHitTest property on the above map to false, but of course you get the opposite effect because the mouse doesn't hit the top map now.

anyone up for the challenge?... I didn't know about the opacity mask until I saw this example so hopefully there are a lot more tricks out there that I'm missing.

Thanks,

Dave

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveOrlando

workaround...

add a third map to the top. put everything you want the user to interact with in the top map. the downside is that MapTips will display on the top map so you can't 'hide' maptips that are only relevant to one or the other bottom two maps.

let the top map govern the control of the bottom two maps by tying all extent and rotation events to the top map. makes for a much smoother display experience

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DaveOrlando

workaround...

add a third map to the top. put everything you want the user to interact with in the top map. the downside is that MapTips will display on the top map so you can't 'hide' maptips that are only relevant to one or the other bottom two maps.

let the top map govern the control of the bottom two maps by tying all extent and rotation events to the top map. makes for a much smoother display experience

0 Kudos